What is Einstiegsgeld?

Entry-level money should make it easier for recipients of Unemployment Benefit II to gain a foothold in working life. For example, it will be paid if you start a job in which your salary is at first barely higher than your previous unemployment benefit II.

You will receive entry-level money if you:

  • a full-time, self-employed activity or
  • take up employment subject to social insurance contributions.

In addition, it must be foreseeable that you will earn so much money in the future that you no longer need financial support.

You need to apply for entry money before starting your new activity. Talk to your contact person at the job center to clarify whether you are granted entry-level allowance. During the interview, you will also learn which documents should be attached to your application.

Translate this page